Employed in the financial services industry since 2011, Matthew Ligman has a background in institutional investment consulting, research, and compliance. Matthew started his career at The Bank of New York Mellon focusing on personal securities trading, insider trading, and securities fraud. He then moved on to PNC Bank where he served as a Senior Retirement Plan Advisor, working with plan sponsors, retirement education consultants, legal counsel, accountants, and plan administrators, as part of the firms Institutional Asset Management segment. Prior to Joining MAGIS, Matthew lead retirement research and product development efforts for defined contribution plans at a consulting firm in the Greater Philadelphia region.
- Graduate of Creighton University’s Heider College of Business with a Master of Science degree majoring in Investment Management and Financial Analysis and completed a Bachelor of Science of Business Administration degree with a major in Economics from Slippery Rock University of Pennsylvania.
- Certified as an Accredited Investment Fiduciary ® (AIF®) by The Center for Fiduciary Studies at the University of Pittsburgh. The program focuses on client best-interests, fiduciary standards of care, and the application of those standards to the investment management process.
- Successfully completed the Uniform Combined State Law (Series 66), General Securities Representative (Series 7).
- Licensed as an agent for life insurance, accident & health insurance, and annuities in Pennsylvania.
- Maintains continuing education requirements for above registrations, designations, and licenses.